Contact Us Today to Schedule An Appointment for Your Avian or Exotic Companion
Avian and Exotic Veterinary Care
Please be aware of our mask and distancing policies as of April 2023:
- We are still requiring anyone in our building (including you) to wear a commercially-made protective face mask if any people other than AEVC staff are present. N95 or KN95 types are preferred, but “surgical” blue masks are acceptable. We will provide you with a mask upon arrival if you do not have one. This mask requirement is also in effect for brief indoor interactions, for example if you are using our restroom.
- Dr. Harrenstien and her team are seeing patients indoors with their owners all day on Sundays and on Thursday mornings.
- If you are scheduled for an in-person/in-clinic appointment, be advised that a maximum of 2 clients (for example, you and your child, or you and your partner) can fit in our exam room for the appointment. Any additional people will need to stay outside of the clinic.
- If the purpose of your appointment is for humane euthanasia of your pet, remember that mask-wearing is still a requirement during the euthanasia process.
- If you cannot or do not wish to wear a mask, then we will change your appointment to be “curbside” style, as we have done for the past 3 years.
- Regardless of whether your appointment is an in-person/in-clinic type or curbside type, your pet's appointment will begin with you calling us from the parking lot, and we will come to our front door to meet you and your pet. Your pet must be in a carrier, not held in your arms. We will then either bring just your pet (in its carrier), or both you and your pet (in its carrier), into our clinic directly to an exam room.
- If you are scheduled for an in-person/in-clinic appointment, we will ask you to stay in our exam room for the full time period of your appointment, which could last up to 2.5 hours. Since you will be required to wear a mask at all times while in our building, do not bring drinks or snacks indoors with you.
- If you are scheduled for a curbside type of appointment, you are required to remain available by phone during your pet's appointment so that we can communicate by phone with you. We will email treatment plan estimates and care information to you during the appointment as well, so be prepared to use your phone’s speaker function, talking with us while you read emails from us.
Our goals at AEVC remain to operate safely and maintain our ability to take care of patients, 7 days a week. To do this, we must protect the health of our small group of very hard-working staff. Thanks for your understanding and compliance with our policies.
Address: 7826 NE Sandy Blvd
Portland, Oregon 97213
Phone: (971) 361-2209
Fax: (971) 361-4359
Hours of Operation
We are now open 7 days a week, 8am to 6pm, except we are closed on major holidays.
Appointments are required due to our small staff and personalized care. We typically schedule appointments from 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Methods of Payment
We accept the following methods of payment:
- Debit cards
- Credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover)
After Hours/Emergency Care
Phone consultations are available after hours for our established patients. We do not accept new patients after normal business hours. The following area emergency veterinary clinics may be able to consult with our doctors over the phone if your pet needs to be seen at their veterinary clinic.
We strongly recommend that you call your emergency clinic of choice before arriving, to verify that they will be able to take care of you and your pet.
DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital
Address: 1945 NW Pettygrove St.
Portland, OR 97209
Phone: (503) 228-7281