New Clients Welcome
Welcome! At Avian and Exotic Veterinary Care, we welcome new patients of practically every species. Whether you are a new owner or caring for a senior pet, we can assist you in providing your companion with the veterinary care they need. From routine wellness care to advanced surgeries, we are experienced in treating animals that are rarely accepted as patients by traditional practices. We are excited to get to know you and your animal companion, and we appreciate the opportunity to be part of your veterinary medical team. It is our mission to deliver high quality care for avian and exotic animals in the Portland, Oregon area.
We are working hard to protect the health of our patients, their owners, and our staff. Our clinic remains open with our usual hours, and we are still available by phone (971-361-2209) or email (AEVC.firstname.lastname@example.org) if you choose to contact us at a distance that you are more comfortable with. If you call us and are directed to leave us a voicemail, please be assured that we are checking voicemails frequently and responding to them as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience as we all adapt to changing schedules, resources and government directives during the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
We are now open 7 days a week, 8 am to 6pm, except we are closed on major holidays.
- We are open 7 days a week, 8 am to 6pm, except we are closed on some major holidays.
- Scheduled appointments are required due to our small staff and personalized care.
- We are appointment-only. We cannot accommodate walk-ins. We typically schedule appointments from 8 am to 4pm.
Appointments are scheduled for one hour and include a thorough consultation and a physical examination for your pet(s) with one of our doctors.
Expect additional time and fees if you:
- Have more than one pet coming to the appointment
- Require further diagnostics (for example, fecal testing, blood sample testing, or radiographs)
- Would like grooming services (for example, nail trim, fur trim, or beak trim)
New clients are required to pay an $89 deposit toward their bill before scheduling an initial appointment at our clinic. This can be done safely and easily on our website after completing your New Client Registration Form.
Note: We do not accept new client deposits over the phone. If you are unable to register and pay online, please visit our clinic during business hours to do so.
Methods of Payment
We offer the following payment options in our clinic:
- Cash, Debit Cards, Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover), Care Credit. If you are paying with cash, please be aware that our ability to offer cash change may be quite limited.
- Please note that we do NOT accept checks, and full payment is due at the time services are provided.
Cancellations and Late Arrivals
As Oregon's only specialist-level avian and exotic veterinary hospital, we want to remain accessible to new and established clients. Last minute cancellations limit our ability to help other patients in need. Therefore, we require that cancellations be discussed directly with a staff member, at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment time.
If you are more than 15 minutes late for your pet's scheduled appointment, there will be an additional fee charged to your account.
Domestic Dogs and Cats
As we do not treat these animals at our clinic, we ask that you leave these pets at home for the comfort and safety of all patients and clients. If you have a registered service or therapy animal, please contact us beforehand for details.
For the safety and comfort of all our staff, patients, and clients, all pets must arrive to the clinic in a secure travel cage, carrier, or container or restrained on a leash and harness.